HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office initiated a ‘Shelter In Place’ order for students and staff at Springstead High School in Spring Hill Monday morning.
Sheriff Al Nienhuis said the sheriff’s office received reports that a gun was stolen from a car off campus by a student that may attend Springstead High School. Nienhuis said the gun may have ended up in the student’s backpack, on the bus, and into the school.
Deputies spent several hours searching the school for the gun, but did not find one. The school resumed normal operations around noon.
- Video shows Disney raising American flag inside empty Magic Kingdom
- Coronavirus: Food stamp benefits increased for families in Florida
- Gender reveal party sparks 10-acre fire in Florida
- Wimbledon canceled for 1st time since WWII because of coronavirus
- Girls use toy to deliver cookies while social distancing