HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office initiated a ‘Shelter In Place’ order for students and staff at Springstead High School in Spring Hill Monday morning.
Sheriff Al Nienhuis said the sheriff’s office received reports that a gun was stolen from a car off campus by a student that may attend Springstead High School. Nienhuis said the gun may have ended up in the student’s backpack, on the bus, and into the school.
Deputies spent several hours searching the school for the gun, but did not find one. The school resumed normal operations around noon.
- Statue of Black protester replaces toppled slave trader
- Florida Walmart shopper pulls gun on man in dispute over masks
- No more delays: What to know about the July 15 tax deadline
- 5 test positive for COVID-19 after going to house party with hundreds in attendance
- Video shows police officer save 3-week-old baby choking on milk