HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office initiated a ‘Shelter In Place’ order for students and staff at Springstead High School in Spring Hill Monday morning.
Sheriff Al Nienhuis said the sheriff’s office received reports that a gun was stolen from a car off campus by a student that may attend Springstead High School. Nienhuis said the gun may have ended up in the student’s backpack, on the bus, and into the school.
Deputies spent several hours searching the school for the gun, but did not find one. The school resumed normal operations around noon.
- Registered sex offender accused of raping Florida woman after fake job interview, police say
- Security video captures jail inmate’s fall through ceiling during escape attempt
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election