STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Warm and humid today; less muggy air arrives this week

News

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hurricane Humberto is heading away from Florida’s east coast today, and the Tampa Bay area will not feel any more effects from the system.

It will still be a warm and humid day with highs in the low 90s. A few afternoon and early evening showers develop, especially east of I-75. Today’s rain chance is just 20%.

Upper level dry air will spread south tomorrow, and it will essentially remove any chance of a shower. It will still be hot with highs in the low to mid 90s.

Humidity begins to drop by mid-week. Highs will be in the upper 80s to near 90 degrees, but it should feel more comfortable, especially in the mornings and evenings.

TRACKING THE TROPICS: While Humberto heads northeast toward Bermuda, another tropical wave in the central Atlantic has a 90% chance of developing as it moves west. The next name on the list is Imelda. Another tropical wave in the Gulf of Mexico only has a 10% chance of development. It will bring some extra rain to Texas and Mexico tomorrow.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Videos

Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic

Thumbnail for the video titled "Thousands turn out for first day of  Gasparilla Distance Classic"

STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Sunshine returns but cool temps stick around for one more day

Thumbnail for the video titled "STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Sunshine returns but cool temps stick around for one more day"

Low temps have people seeking warmth inside businesses, cold weather shelters

Thumbnail for the video titled "Low temps have people seeking warmth inside businesses, cold weather shelters"

Hillsborough deputies arrest 2 men in computer scheme that targeted victims across US

Thumbnail for the video titled "Hillsborough deputies arrest 2 men in computer scheme that targeted victims across US"

Medical marijuana dispensaries broken into in Clearwater, one at 4:20 a.m.

Thumbnail for the video titled "Medical marijuana dispensaries broken into in Clearwater, one at 4:20 a.m."

Security footage shows medical marijuana dispensary break-in

Thumbnail for the video titled "Security footage shows medical marijuana dispensary break-in"

Coronavirus Concerns: University of Tampa cancels study abroad trip to China

Thumbnail for the video titled "Coronavirus Concerns: University of Tampa cancels study abroad trip to China"

How to be prepared for when an earthquake hits

Thumbnail for the video titled "How to be prepared for when an earthquake hits"

Detectives: Gunman killed FHP trooper on I-95 without warning

Thumbnail for the video titled "Detectives: Gunman killed FHP trooper on I-95 without warning"

Weather for Friday, Feb. 22 night and into Saturday, Feb. 22

Thumbnail for the video titled "Weather for Friday, Feb. 22 night and into Saturday, Feb. 22"

Phillies arrive in Clearwater for Spring Training

Thumbnail for the video titled "Phillies arrive in Clearwater for Spring Training"

Father shot and killed

Thumbnail for the video titled "Father shot and killed"
More Local News

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss