(WFLA) — A powerful storm knocked down many trees as it moved through Pasco and Citrus counties on Sunday night. Here’s a look at locations where damage has been reported.Pasco County:
Pasco deputies reported damage in the Holiday area, including a tree down at the 3300 block of Maitland Drive. They recommend all Pasco County residents seek shelter inside.
Multiple residents in Pasco have already experienced damage from high winds as of 6 p.m. Sunday evening.
Pasco County Emergency Operation Center reports the following damage:
- Reports of street flooding in the following areas:
- Hudson Beach, Sea Ranch, Old Dixie Highway and west of Old Dixie Highway, Green Key area of New Port Richey. Motorists are urged to use caution until the water recedes.
- 29708 Forest Glen Drive, Zephyrhills: The roof removed from the porch.
- 4223 Craftsbury Drive, New Port Richey: Large tree fell into the road.
- 35132 Colony Hills Drive, Zephyrhills: Piece of roof came off.
- 6119 Ridgewood Drive, Zephyrhills: Roof came off mobile home.
- 3307 Maitland Drive, Holiday: Report of Tree down, blocking driveway.
- 36915 Blandon Road, Dade City: Tree branch split from the wind, now resting on live wires right outside resident’s back door.
- 3842 Headsail Drive, New Port Richey: Car port was torn off damaging home.
- 2045 Camp Indianhead Road, Land O’Lakes: Car port loose — secured to best of crew ability.
- Rural New Port Richey: Power out from Little to Moon Lake.
- 5120 Castile Lane, Holiday : Tree on power line.
- 6329 Kathleen Drive, Hudson: Tree on power line.
- 22102 Carson Drive, Land O’Lakes: Line down in front of residence.
- 7449 Berry Road, Zephyrhills: Transformer fire — tree down.
- 12909 Wedgewood Drive, New Port Richey: Tree limb through window.
- 8141 Aquila Street, Port Richey: Bedroom window fell out .
The heavy winds caused this huge tree to fall on this house at East Hartshorn Lane in Holder. A 65-year-old man was inside but refused medical treatment.
If you have photos or video of extreme weather happening in your area, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay with WFLA News Channel 8 for updates on all weather related stories.