ST.PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St.Petersburg woman has been told to remove her gay pride flag after someone at her condo complained.
Robin Chipman tells News Channel 8 that the North Village in the Waterside at Coquina Key Condominium is telling her to remove the flag or face a fine.
Chipman argues that she is just trying to celebrate pride month.
“I have friends and neighbors that are in the community. And I want to show my support. And it’s only the biggest celebration in the state of Florida and most of the country. Bigger than New York and its probably comparable to San Francisco. So, no it’s not a small deal,” Chipman said.
Chipman has been told she has until Sunday to remove the flag. News Channel 8 has reached out to the condo management company but has not heard back.
- Rays explore splitting home games between Tampa Bay and Montreal
- Tampa, St. Pete ranked among cities with highest infidelity rates
- Woman fatally bit by rattlesnake while gardening
- Man who won $30 million in lottery during divorce case must share with ex-wife
- VIDEO: Parents, coaches brawl after call by 13-year-old ump at youth baseball game
- Disney World raises prices on most annual passes
- Dairy Queen to celebrate first day of summer with free cones
- Venice named 2nd best Florida city to live in