PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is accused of strangling his father’s 2-year-old cat to death at a Wawa in St. Petersburg on Thursday.
The incident occurred at the Wawa gas station on 5901 9th Avenue North around 10:25 a.m. Thursday.
Police said a witness saw Reo Samuel Bolzau carrying the cat by its head from his home to store.
Bolzau had both of his hands around the cat’s neck and was choking it. Then he threw its lifeless body at a trash can and walked away, the witness said, according to the affidavit.
Police said the incident was captured on surveillance video and Bolzau later confessed to killing the animal.
Bolzau, 21, was arrested for cruelty to animals and booked into the Pinellas County jail, where he is being held in lieu of a $5,000 bond.
- Hillsborough County to use 2 hotels as quarantine, isolation sites for residents impacted by COVID-19
- Struggling businesses must keep their workforce to receive federal assistance
- Invisible lines in sand cause confusion as Pinellas County beachgoers persist despite coronavirus orders
- Nearly 3,000 sailors to leave aircraft carrier amid virus outbreak
- 6-week-old baby dies of coronavirus in Connecticut