(WCBD) – Don’t fret Trader Joe’s lovers, thankfully it’s an early April Fools’ Day joke.
An article titled “Trader Joe’s to Close All Stores by 2017, Plans to Discontinue Products” was posted on Yahoo’s website on Thursday and the post circulated on social media all day.
“In a surprising press release this morning, Trader Joe’s announced they will be closing all 457 locations by January 2017. Despite widespread protests from consumers, Trader Joe’s has no plans to continue manufacturing or distributing any of its signature vegetarian, vegan, and organic products.”
At the end of the article, the author writes, “If this shocking news hits you as hard as it hit me, fear not. It’s merely April 1st. Now go celebrate being a fool with your favorite cheap wine.”
Yahoo eventually removed the article from its website.
“There is no ‘early’ April fools joke. u can start effing with ppl/planting seeds but NO EARLY PUNCHLINES,” Teigen wrote on Twitter. “This freakin world I’ll tell ya.”
“Come on, @YahooNews: posting an #AprilFools story about #TraderJoes closing all stores… a day early? Bad form,” CNN entertainment reporter David Daniel tweeted.
Twitter users were not impressed with the news, many were pretty upset!WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- AT&T service down in Tampa Bay
- Three teen girls found dead inside stolen car that drove into St. Pete pond
- VIDEO: Harbor cruise boat careens into pier, injuring 7
- Teacher arrested for sex with student days after wife booked on similar charge
- Vehicle crashes into pond, search on for people inside
- 14-month-old girl dies following dental visit
- Melbourne woman accused of shooting husband in genitals, report says
- WATCH: Three women arrested after video captures riverbank beating
- Tampa Bay area police agencies see spike in drug-laced candy
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines