GAINESVILLE, FL (WFLA) – A small plane crash-landed in the middle of the road has caused road closures in Gainesville.
According to the Gainesville Police Department, the plane reported a fire in the cockpit when flying over the city. The pilot then crash-landed the plane in the middle of NE Waldo Road.
Both the pilot and passenger were taken to a local hospital and are being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Emergency responders have closed Waldo Road in both directions.MORE STORIES:
- Charges filed in kidnapping of 2-month-old baby Taraji
- Tow truck drivers to honor victim of hit and run with ‘Ride for Roger’
- Police defend response to violence at KKK rally
- Three middle school students accused of poisoning teacher
- WATCH: Pasco deputy’s bodycam video shows bloody arrest of shoplifting suspect
- Woman almost dies after leaving tampon in for 9 days
- Skimmers found at the following Tampa Bay area gas stations
- Hundreds of rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Cops: Parents lied about stolen car with son, 3, in the back
- Blind man nearly falls in the street because sidewalk near home ends