POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Several people were displaced after a fire in Lakeland on Friday afternoon, according to firefighters.
Polk County Fire Rescue firefighters arrived to 703 Willow Run in Lakeland and saw heavy smoke and fire venting through the roof.
One adult and three children made it out of the home safely.
Five adults and two children in total were displaced. One child who escaped the fire does not live at the home.
Authorities say there is heavy smoke and water damage throughout the house. Approximately 60 percent of the home was destroyed by fire.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- WATCH: Animal park awaits birth of baby giraffe
- South Tampa nightclub server hired men to attack customer
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: Feb. 13 to 17
- Florida sailor accused of deserting post after having baby
- Florida’s warm weather pattern persists