SEBRING, Fla. (WFLA) — Two volunteer firefighters climbed 110 stories Sunday morning in memory of the firefighters, law enforcement officers, and emergency medical personnel who died Sept. 11.
The West Sebring Volunteer Fire Department said firefighters Olivero and Laird both carried a picture of a firefighter lost on that day with them on their climb.
The climb took place at the Sebring International Raceway.
- Woman wakes up to find blood dripping from ceiling while she slept
- Hillsborough student with cystic fibrosis plans return to the classroom after COVID-19 vaccination
- Virginia woman charged with murder of infant was ‘into witchcraft’
- ‘We need to get people off the bridge as soon as possible’; Bridge crews make frantic 911 calls after structural crack found
- Hillsborough Co. sanitation worker honored after saving child nearly crushed in garbage truck