BENTON COUNTY, MS (WATN) – A school bus crash in North Mississippi has left the bus driver dead and several children injured.
The wreck happened early Tuesday morning on Highway 72 in Benton County. According to the Benton County School District, there were students on the bus going to the elementary, middle and high school in Ashland.
The Benton County Schools superintendent says the driver, Chester Cole, died. At least three children were airlifted to Le Bonheur in Memphis.
WATN is still working to get more details of how many injuries and the severity of the injuries.
- Coronavirus: Florida reports nearly 16,000 cases, 323 deaths
- VIDEO: Police seek alleged peeping Tom in Clearwater
- Record 16.6 million have sought US jobless aid since virus
- Apply now: St. Pete giving $5,000 grants to businesses affected by coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Local funeral homes adjust to social distancing requirements