BENTON COUNTY, MS (WATN) – A school bus crash in North Mississippi has left the bus driver dead and several children injured.
The wreck happened early Tuesday morning on Highway 72 in Benton County. According to the Benton County School District, there were students on the bus going to the elementary, middle and high school in Ashland.
The Benton County Schools superintendent says the driver, Chester Cole, died. At least three children were airlifted to Le Bonheur in Memphis.
WATN is still working to get more details of how many injuries and the severity of the injuries.
- Bucs to welcome fans back into stadium at limited capacity following executive order
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks