BENTON COUNTY, MS (WATN) – A school bus crash in North Mississippi has left the bus driver dead and several children injured.
The wreck happened early Tuesday morning on Highway 72 in Benton County. According to the Benton County School District, there were students on the bus going to the elementary, middle and high school in Ashland.
The Benton County Schools superintendent says the driver, Chester Cole, died. At least three children were airlifted to Le Bonheur in Memphis.
WATN is still working to get more details of how many injuries and the severity of the injuries.
- Man cited for using fake skeleton to drive in HOV lane
- Florida man fined $2000 for killing endangered smalltooth sawfish
- Arizona bill would ban transgender girls, women from teams
- 2 dogs adopted after Bradenton brewery features them on beer cans
- Police: Security camera catches Largo man sexually batter woman behind laundromat