ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The Schakolad Chocolate Factory is a custom chocolate boutique tucked in amid the trendy shops and restaurants of St. Petersburg’s Snell Arcade district.
The mother-daughter run business churns handmade chocolate daily to soothe all of your cravings.
Owner Jane Rakestraw said chocolate made perfectly will shine, melt in your mouth, and has a nice crack when you break it.
Rakestraw gave 8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross another insider tip for chocolate lovers everywhere – don’t freeze it.
The sweet treat master said when you change the temperature of good chocolate the cocoa butter rises to the top giving the candy a powdery taste.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Schakolad Chocolate Factory.
- Sneak peek of track as Supercross races into Tampa
- Feel the heat learning to blow glass in St. Pete
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory handmakes unique sweet treats
- St. Pete shelter wants you to host ‘pawjama party’ sleepover to help study dogs
- Dance your way to romance with FREE ballroom classes in Tampa Bay