SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Sarasota officer was moved to tears after receiving a note from a stranger Monday night.
The police department said while one of their officers was patrolling Ringling Boulevard, a woman walked up and handed him a card that read: “Dear Officer: #WeNeedYou,” with a handwritten “Thank you” on the back.
The woman then went about her night.
“What that woman may not know, is our officer was moved to tears,” the police department said on Facebook. “We’re honored to serve and protect such a supportive community.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Tennessee law firm giving away free divorce for Valentine’s Day
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers ready to face New Orleans Saints in divisional round playoff game
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Woman asks for love stories, plans to give away old wedding rings after divorce