Police say a Sarasota officer was injured when a vehicle ran into the back of their motorcycle on Friday.
The crash happened at the intersection of US 301 and Ringling Boulevard shortly before 10:15 a.m.
Initial information shows a vehicle hit the officer from behind while approaching an intersection.
The driver remained at the scene to cooperate with investigators. It’s unclear if charges are pending.
The officer was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
An investigation is ongoing.
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom assaulted by ‘aggressive’ man in Oakland
- United Airlines to update dress code for flight attendants; relax rules on tattoos, makeup, nose piercings
- First case of rabies confirmed in Polk County in 2021
- Dream job alert: Here’s how you can get paid $1,000 to eat Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- 700-pound bronze statue of George Floyd unveiled in New Jersey