Police say a Sarasota officer was injured when a vehicle ran into the back of their motorcycle on Friday.
The crash happened at the intersection of US 301 and Ringling Boulevard shortly before 10:15 a.m.
Initial information shows a vehicle hit the officer from behind while approaching an intersection.
The driver remained at the scene to cooperate with investigators. It’s unclear if charges are pending.
The officer was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Former Saint Leo basketball player killed in DUI crash
- Christmas miracle: Teen gets new heart, kidney at Children’s Hospital in Ohio
- Transgender Haines City woman is new face of Pantene holiday ad
- Bucs seek fourth consecutive victory in final road game of season
- Driver shot by motorcyclist on U.S. 19 in New Port Richey