TAMPA (WFLA) — A Sarasota man won a $1 million prize from a scratch-off lottery ticket Wednesday.
The Florida Lottery says Juan Soto, 47, won the prize playing the FLORIDA 100X THE CASH scratch-off game, which costs $30 to purchase.
Soto chose to receive his winnings as a one-time lump-sum payment of $770,000.
Soto purchased the ticket from A&S Discount Beverages at 4340 Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota. The store received a $2,000 commission bonus for selling the winning ticket.
- Registered sex offender accused of raping Florida woman after fake job interview, police say
- Security video captures jail inmate’s fall through ceiling during escape attempt
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election