THE MEADOWS, Fla (WFLA) – The Sarasota Sheriff’s Office and a HAZMAT squad responded to The Meadows area Tuesday afternoon where a woman reportedly died after combining too many chemicals.
Deputies responded to the incident on Richwood Link near Marsh Field Road around 11 a.m. The sheriff’s office advised the public to avoid the area as the HAZMAT team investigated the chemical incident.
A sweep of the nearby apartment complex was made and residents were told to stay inside their homes for a short time for precautionary measures.
Detectives believe the woman mixed a combination of chemical substances to cause her own death, the sheriff’s office said.
- Beloved Tampa Bay doctor dies from COVID-19 complications, said he ‘just wanted to get back to his patients’
- Halloween canceled? Not so fast! Spirit Halloween opening stores
- Hernando County fire crews battling 185-acre brush fire
- Dr Pepper addresses soda shortage at grocery stores
- Nearly 100K children in US tested positive for coronavirus during last two weeks in July