SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a Sarasota woman reportedly walked in front of a vehicle and was struck and killed Tuesday night.
The incident happened on Beneva Road and Gladstone Street shortly before 7 p.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 2015 Honda Odyssey was traveling southbound on Beneva Road, approaching Gladstone Street when the 55-year-old stepped into its path and it hit her.
She was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital, where she later died. Her name was not released.
It’s unclear if charges are pending. An investigation is ongoing.
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Louisiana
- Florida State Fair 2021 tickets now on sale
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music provide personalized 2020 review