SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A semi-truck fire snarled traffic on I-75 in Sarasota early Friday morning.
The incident occurred near Laurel Road at about 4:30 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the driver pulled to the shoulder of the roadway after the semi began experiencing equipment failure, and the trailer became engulfed in flames.
The fire was confined to the trailer, which remained on the shoulder of the roadway. No injuries were reported.
Traffic was moving slowly for several hours as crews worked to clean and clear the roadway.
- Shriners Hospital for Children receives 400 Barbies with prosthetic legs
- Top 10 searched Halloween costume ideas for 2019
- Uproar over proposed replacement for aging Cortez Bridge
- Polk deputies searching for armed robbery suspects
- Firefighters calm frightened girl after crash by letting her paint their nails