SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A semi-truck fire snarled traffic on I-75 in Sarasota early Friday morning.
The incident occurred near Laurel Road at about 4:30 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the driver pulled to the shoulder of the roadway after the semi began experiencing equipment failure, and the trailer became engulfed in flames.
The fire was confined to the trailer, which remained on the shoulder of the roadway. No injuries were reported.
Traffic was moving slowly for several hours as crews worked to clean and clear the roadway.
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- Police investigating shooting at Tarpon Springs park
- Proud Boy Alan Swinney faces charges stemming from Portland protests
- Lightning fans pack Riverwalk to catch glimpse of champs, Stanley Cup