SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A semi-truck fire snarled traffic on I-75 in Sarasota early Friday morning.
The incident occurred near Laurel Road at about 4:30 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the driver pulled to the shoulder of the roadway after the semi began experiencing equipment failure, and the trailer became engulfed in flames.
The fire was confined to the trailer, which remained on the shoulder of the roadway. No injuries were reported.
Traffic was moving slowly for several hours as crews worked to clean and clear the roadway.
- Florida GOP congressman weighing impeachment announces retirement
- GRAPHIC: Iowa man finds 5 inches of animal blood flooding basement
- Deputies searching for missing, endangered man in Manatee County
- VIDEO: Hurricane Hunters capture stunning images inside Tropical Storm Nestor
- WATCH: Coach disarms school gunman with a hug