VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida Highway Patrol troopers are currently investigating a two-car fatal crash in Venice.
According to troopers, the crash happened at the intersection of the US. 41 By-Pass and Via Veneto.
Troopers say 81-year-old Ronald Armstrong was driving southbound on US 41 By-Pass in the left turn-only lane approaching Via Veneto. Twenty-eight-year-old Corey Arias was driving northbound on US 41 By-Pass in the outside travel lane approaching Via Veneto.
Armstrong went to make a left turn from US 41 to Via Veneto but violated the right-away of Arias. Troopers say Arias’ car hit the right side of Armstrong’s car.
The passenger in Armstrong’s car, 78-year-old June Armstrong, was taken to the Venice Hospital Emergency Room, where she was pronounced dead.
Armstrong was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital with serious injuries and Arias was taken to Venice Hospital with minor injuries.
- Hillsborough County to use 2 hotels as quarantine, isolation sites for residents impacted by COVID-19
- Struggling businesses must keep their workforce to receive federal assistance
- Invisible lines in sand cause confusion as Pinellas County beachgoers persist despite coronavirus orders
- Nearly 3,000 sailors to leave aircraft carrier amid virus outbreak
- 6-week-old baby dies of coronavirus in Connecticut