SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have recovered the body of a diver who went missing in Sarasota Bay on Tuesday.
Police said the 56-year-old went diving for stone crab claws in an area east of the New Pass Grill & Bait Shop, 1505 Ken Thompson Parkway.
His car was found parked near the bait shop, but he was nowhere to be found.
Shortly before 11 a.m. Wednesday, police said the man’s body was recovered, but his cause of death was unclear.
His name is being withheld.
Police said the man had 30 years of diving experience.
Further information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure
- HBO to stream 500 hours of programming for free
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Dry and sunny weather continues
- Golf courses are open during Florida stay-at-home order
- Coronavirus in Florida: Daily flights from New York area to Florida drop during the end of March