TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – One lucky Sarasota woman was able to turn $5 into $1 million after playing the Gold Rush Classic scratch-off game.
56-year-old Catherine Deering won the top prize from the scratch-off and decided to take her winnings as a one-time lump-sum payment of $705,000.
Deering purchased her winning ticket from Publix located at 6543 South Tamiami Trail. The store will receive a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
The $5 Gold Rush Classic game launched in January and offers more than $200.5 million in prizes, including 32 top prizes of $1 million.
The game’s overall odds of winning are one in 3.97.
- Search underway for suspect in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips
- Ex-officer charged with murder after firing into window, killing Texas woman
- Toddler dies after being left in Jeep most of day in Tampa, police say