TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Sarasota man is $1 million richer after winning a scratch-off game.
Christopher Van Brandt, 27, claimed a $1 million prize at the Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee after winning the $30 GOLD RUSH SPECIAL EDITION Scratch-Off game.
Brandt chose to receive his winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $700,000.00.
He bought the winning ticket at Suncoast Energy, 5928 Butler National Drive, Orlando. The gas station gets a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
The game offers 24 prizes of $1 million and six top prizes of $15 million, the largest top prize offered by the Florida Lottery for a scratch-off game. The overall odds of winning are one-in-2.60.
- USDA recalls Taco Bell’s Seasoned Beef over possible metal shavings contamination
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips