TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Sarasota man is $1 million richer after winning a scratch-off game.
Christopher Van Brandt, 27, claimed a $1 million prize at the Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee after winning the $30 GOLD RUSH SPECIAL EDITION Scratch-Off game.
Brandt chose to receive his winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $700,000.00.
He bought the winning ticket at Suncoast Energy, 5928 Butler National Drive, Orlando. The gas station gets a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
The game offers 24 prizes of $1 million and six top prizes of $15 million, the largest top prize offered by the Florida Lottery for a scratch-off game. The overall odds of winning are one-in-2.60.
- Family billed $4,233 after daughter sent to hospital by school counselor
- Florida wants voters to put personal information on outside of ballot envelopes
- Outpouring of worldwide support for bullied Australian boy
- Legally liable? Debate rages over internet companies being immune to lawsuits over user posts
- Trump not a ‘Parasite’ fan, studio says he can’t read