SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota Department of Health has announced it will be hosting three appointment-only COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites throughout the county next week.
The testing will be for anyone who is currently experiencing symptoms, such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or who works in a healthcare setting.
Below are the locations of the three testing sites:
- North Sarasota
- Tuesday, April 21, from 8 a.m. to noon
- R L Taylor Community Center, located at 1845 34th Street, Sarasota, Florida
- Thursday, April 23, from 8 a.m. to noon
- Laurel Civic Association, located at 509 Collins Road, Laurel, Florida
- South County
- Friday, April 24, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Heron Creek Middle School, located at 6501 W. Price Blvd, North Port, Florida
To make an appointment, please call 941-861-2883. Appointments are limited. however, more testing opportunities may be scheduled in the future.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- J&J vaccine to remain in limbo while officials seek evidence
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,772 new cases, 44 new deaths
- Rubio, Scott file bill to overturn cruise industry shutdown, resume sailings
- Pause in Johnson & Johnson shot affecting Tampa Bay vaccine sites
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots