SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota County School Board is looking to pay an employee thousands after claims of sexual harassment.
On Tuesday, SCSB will vote on whether or not they want to approve a settlement agreement for Cheraina Bonner.
Bonner sued the district last year after claiming her boss, former Assistant Superintendent Jeff Maultsby sexually harassed her. Bonner claims Maultsby sent her hundreds of inappropriate text messages and threatened her safety.
Now, SCSB is looking to settle with Bonner. Per the settlement agreement, if Bonner agrees, they will pay $397, 241.18. Here’s a breakdown of those costs:
- A $75,000 check to Blackwell Firm for attorney’s fees
- A $17, 241.18 check to Bonner for attorney costs
- A $300,000 compensatory damages for Bonner
- A $5,000 check to Bonner
The board has to approve this settlement agreement before it’s presented to Bonner’s legal team. That’s what they will do in their Tuesday meeting at 6:30 p.m. After that, it will be up to Bonner to accept.
- Johnson & Johnson aims to have 100 million one-dose COVID-19 vaccines by spring
- ‘Lucid Vending’ machines bring local art, novelty, joy to Pinellas Co. locations
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Oklahoma lawmaker proposes ‘Bigfoot’ hunting season
- Vita Vea in, Antonio Brown out for Bucs in NFC title game