SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have opened a death investigation after a man’s body was found floating in the waters near a hotel in Longboat Key.
Police said the operator of a beach tractor pulled the man ashore at about 10:15 a.m. Tuesday near The Resort at Longboat Key Club on Sands Point Road.
Workers at the resort said finding a body there is unusual, “We had guests come up tell us somebody was floating in the water,” employee Adam Ruegger said. “This is nothing I’ve seen before especially over here.”
It’s unclear if the death was suspicious in nature. Longboat Key Patrol Captain Chris Skinner said they are working with the medical examiner to determine the cause of death.
They are also not releasing the identity of the man until relatives can be notified.
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Toddler killed, 2 children injured in Polk County crash
- San Diego County to issue $1,000 fines to people ignoring COVID-19 restrictions
- How to make a homemade face mask, with or without sewing
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19