SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have opened a death investigation after a man’s body was found floating in the waters near a hotel in Longboat Key.
Police said the operator of a beach tractor pulled the man ashore at about 10:15 a.m. Tuesday near The Resort at Longboat Key Club on Sands Point Road.
Workers at the resort said finding a body there is unusual, “We had guests come up tell us somebody was floating in the water,” employee Adam Ruegger said. “This is nothing I’ve seen before especially over here.”
It’s unclear if the death was suspicious in nature. Longboat Key Patrol Captain Chris Skinner said they are working with the medical examiner to determine the cause of death.
They are also not releasing the identity of the man until relatives can be notified.
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Trump, Biden schedule Tampa rallies Thursday as campaigns hit crunch time
- Melania Trump slams Biden, Dems in first solo campaign stop
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Authorities: Child, bus driver killed in Tennessee school bus crash