NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A 17-year-old is dead and three other teens are injured after a crash involving a stolen car in North Port, police say.
The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. Thursday in the area of Yorkshire Street and Cassava Road.
North Port police responded to the scene and say they found a white Honda that had recently been stolen from Port Charlotte. According to police, four teenagers ranging in age from 13 to 17 were in the car when it went off the road and hit a tree.
One of the teens in the car, a 17-year-old, died from the injuries he suffered in the crash. Two of the other teens were flown to nearby hospitals. The fourth was taken to a hospital by ambulance.
Police are not releasing the names of the teens involved because they are minors and the investigation into the crash is ongoing.
LATEST SARASOTA COUNTY NEWS:
- Sarasota health care workers invited to Super Bowl LV excited to watch Bucs play at Raymond James
- ‘This is a huge safety issue’: Sarasota leaders concerned about city’s growing dirt bike, ATV problem
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,720 new cases, 153 new deaths
- 2 women arrested for impersonating Sarasota law enforcement, livestreaming fake traffic stop
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths