NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A 17-year-old is dead and three other teens are injured after a crash involving a stolen car in North Port, police say.
The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. Thursday in the area of Yorkshire Street and Cassava Road.
North Port police responded to the scene and say they found a white Honda that had recently been stolen from Port Charlotte. According to police, four teenagers ranging in age from 13 to 17 were in the car when it went off the road and hit a tree.
One of the teens in the car, a 17-year-old, died from the injuries he suffered in the crash. Two of the other teens were flown to nearby hospitals. The fourth was taken to a hospital by ambulance.
Police are not releasing the names of the teens involved because they are minors and the investigation into the crash is ongoing.
LATEST SARASOTA COUNTY NEWS:
- Sarasota County reports cases of COVID-19 at senior care facilities
- Loggerhead sea turtle patient in critical condition at Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium
- Sarasota County administrator explains why no ‘safer at home’ order enacted
- 2nd patient dies from COVID-19 at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Sarasota County pauses COVID-19 drive-thru testing site until Tuesday