NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – The North Port Police Department is currently investigating a 70-year-old found dead lying in a ditch.
Police say around 8:30 a.m. Thursday they were called out to South Sumter Boulevard, just south of Heron Creek Plaza, because a person was found lying in the ditch alongside the roadway.
According to police, the medical examiner’s office was able to identify the person as Thomas Conrad.
There are no obvious signs of foul play or trauma, police say. Conrad was homeless and had an extensive medical history.
He was last seen by a passerby around 9 p.m. Wednesday near the area where he was found dead.
The investigation is ongoing.
If anyone saw Conrad Wednesday night/Thursday morning in the area of Sumter Boulevard, please contact Detective Adam Taylor at 941-429-7383.
- Pedestrian hit, killed by train in Hillsborough Co.
- 7-foot tall Harambe statue installed opposite of Charging Bull covered in bananas
- Rapper formerly known as Kanye West is now just Ye
- ‘Superhero’ 4-year-old falls off 70-foot cliff in Kentucky, survives
- Woodcarver honoring 13 killed in Kabul, visits Tampa Bay mother of fallen solider