SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle on I-75 in Nokomis overnight.
The crash happened on Interstate 75 and Laurel Road around 12:45 a.m. and shut down the southbound lanes for several hours.
The roadway reopened shortly before 5 a.m.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Tractor-trailer explodes into flames near Brooksville Walmart, evacuates and shuts down store on Black Friday
- 2 shot in Progress Village area of East Tampa, deputies searching for 3 suspects
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Major cool-down in store for next week
- Tampa city councilman thankful after surviving battle with coronavirus
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison