NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – The search for a man accused of sexually assaulting a 72-year-old woman in North Port has come to a close in West Virginia.
The North Port Police Department announced on their Facebook page that Robert McKenzie, 28, was located in West Virginia where he was currently residing in the West Virginia Eastern Regional Jail on separate charges.
McKenzie faces charges of sexual battery and battery on someone 65-years and older as well as additional charges in West Virginia.
McKenzie will be extradited back to Sarasota to face charges.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Summer-like heat and humidity continue
- States push jobless to find work; several GOP governors to end extra $300 unemployment benefit
- Panthers to host Lightning for first-ever all Florida playoff series
- Citrus co. store clerk describes moment kidnapping victim broke free; suspect still on the run
- Hillsborough County school district receives more than $100M to avoid state takeover