SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)—Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium has launched a new 24/7 hotline for alerting stranding investigators to sea life in distress.
The aquarium said it switched to a new number and answering system to speed up their response time.
Information on injured or deceased sea turtles, manatees, dolphins or wales in the Sarasota/Manatee region can be reported to Mote’s Stranding Investigations Program by calling 888-345-2335. The new number is effective immediately.
If you see an animal in distress, do not pick them up or try to assist them. Call trained responders immediately at 888-345-2335.
- Ivanka Trump to hold ‘Make America Great Again!’ campaign event in Sarasota on Tuesday
- First COVID-19 treatment approved by FDA studied early on during pandemic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Local hospitalized man racks up bills on stolen truck trapped in tow yard, family says company won’t budge on price
- List: National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day locations across Tampa Bay
- Pro-Trump students explain reason for impromptu parade, call heckling Biden supporters ‘immature’