SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — UPDATE | A newpaper reports Edward K. Pearson did, in fact, have immediate kin.
ORIGINAL STORY | Hundreds of people showed up to a veteran’s funeral in Sarasota after learning the man had no family.
Edward K. Pearson passed August 31. He was 80 years old.
Because Pearson had no immediate family to come to his funeral, the public is welcome to attend.
His public service will be held Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 12:30 p.m. at the Sarasota National Cemetery.
The cemetery is located at 9810 State Road 72 in Sarasota.
- Man found dead in Polk County lake days after going swimming, police say
- Biden says Walker doesn’t deserve to be in the Senate
- PHOTOS: Semi-truck crashes, hangs from bridge and catches fire
- 4 sailors at Virginia naval center die by apparent suicide in a month
- WATCH: Massive dust storm swallows town in western Kansas