SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — UPDATE | A newpaper reports Edward K. Pearson did, in fact, have immediate kin.
ORIGINAL STORY | Hundreds of people showed up to a veteran’s funeral in Sarasota after learning the man had no family.
Edward K. Pearson passed August 31. He was 80 years old.
Because Pearson had no immediate family to come to his funeral, the public is welcome to attend.
His public service will be held Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 12:30 p.m. at the Sarasota National Cemetery.
The cemetery is located at 9810 State Road 72 in Sarasota.
- Small diverse-owned businesses hope to benefit from the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay
- Man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker
- Child taken to hospital after two logs fell on them in Hudson
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- Rubio, Scott vote to declare Trump’s second impeachment trial unconstitutional