NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – The City of North Port wants to recognize children who are doing their best to improve the community.
The city’s “Do the Right Thing” program honors one child in the community each month.
The city is asking members of the community to nominate children who set themselves apart with their behavior and good deeds.
To nominate a child, you can fill out a form and submit it to a school resource officer or mail it in.
For more information on the program, click here.
- Bill creates federal grants for in-person and virtual K-12 classes
- ‘Live’ missile found on Lakeland Linder Airport property
- Veteran fights homeowners association to keep American flag waving high
- Suspect arrested in death of 4-year-old shot while sleeping at home
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores