VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – A gas leak temporarily shut down part of Tamiami Trail in Sarasota County on Thursday.
The sheriff’s office and fire department responded to the gas leak Thursday afternoon on South Tamiami Trail near Jacaranda Boulevard.
Authorities shut down part of Tamiami Trail in the area, but the northbound lanes reopened around 2:15 p.m.
The fire department temporarily evacuated nearby buildings as a precaution. No injuries were reported.
- COVID-19 vaccine to be offered to every Florida long-term care facility by Feb. 1, Gov. DeSantis says
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner
- Hawaii man survives lightning strike, then beats COVID-19
- Southwest Airlines adds extra flights to Tampa for Super Bowl weekend
- Want to be a fan in the stands at Super Bowl LV?