VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – A gas leak temporarily shut down part of Tamiami Trail in Sarasota County on Thursday.
The sheriff’s office and fire department responded to the gas leak Thursday afternoon on South Tamiami Trail near Jacaranda Boulevard.
Authorities shut down part of Tamiami Trail in the area, but the northbound lanes reopened around 2:15 p.m.
The fire department temporarily evacuated nearby buildings as a precaution. No injuries were reported.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Pelosi: Trump’s downplaying of coronavirus cost American lives
- Mahoning County engineer says flushing wipes can lead to flooded basements