SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Early voting for the Aug. 18 primary election ends Sunday in Sarasota County.
Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner said eligible voters may cast their ballots during the early voting period between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at any of the following locations:
- Elections office, Sarasota County Terrace Building, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota
- Elections office, R.L. Anderson Administration Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail S, Venice
- Elections office, Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port
- Sarasota Square Mall, 8201 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- North Sarasota Library, 2801 Newtown Boulevard, Sarasota
Voters must present a current and valid photo and signature ID upon entering the polling location and prior to voting. A voter who shows up at a polling place without a valid ID will be allowed to vote via a provisional ballot.
If voters choose to vote by mail in this election, they can drop their ballots into secure vote-by-mail ballot drop boxes inside all early voting locations or at drive-thru, drop-off points outside all three elections offices. Ballots may also be dropped off at any elections office during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and until 7 p.m. on election night, Aug. 18).
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Mosaic seeks expansion of gypsum stack at location of enormous sinkhole
- Super Bowl champs share stories of being spotted by fans following Super Bowl victory
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: More rounds of rain and storms Tuesday
- New Selmon elevated connector officially opens to drivers
- Democrats urge citizens and corporations to fight controversial ‘anti-riot’ bill