SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota deputies have identified a 10-year-old girl who drowned in Siesta Key last night.
Deputies say Irys Wright from Lake Wales was caught in a riptide current along with several other children that ultimately led to her drowning.
According to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, when deputies arrived they found a woman and two children on scene. With assistance from bystanders and EMS personnel, all three were eventually brought to shore.
The other child and adult were treated on scene.
An investigation is ongoing however deputies say there is no evidence of foul play or neglect.
If you would like to donate to Wright’s family click here for her GoFundMe.
- Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce to hold 5 job fairs for beach businesses
- Lakewood High School teen uses CPR training to save best friend’s life
- TCM to show series of controversial, racially insensitive films as part of new series
- New Florida legislation would educate students about the pitfalls of communism
- Florida woman walks into stranger’s home, attempts to abduct 3-year-old