SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota deputies have identified a 10-year-old girl who drowned in Siesta Key last night.
Deputies say Irys Wright from Lake Wales was caught in a riptide current along with several other children that ultimately led to her drowning.
According to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, when deputies arrived they found a woman and two children on scene. With assistance from bystanders and EMS personnel, all three were eventually brought to shore.
The other child and adult were treated on scene.
An investigation is ongoing however deputies say there is no evidence of foul play or neglect.
If you would like to donate to Wright’s family click here for her GoFundMe.
- Inmate cries out ‘I Can’t Breathe’ 29 times before death
- Gov. DeWine tests negative for coronavirus after earlier positive test
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID-19 aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive order to ban TikTok in 45 days
- Gov. DeSantis pushes to reschedule UF-FSU football game