SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota City Commission has approved the relocation of the iconic “kissing statue” on Sarasota’s bayfront.
The statue known as the “Unconditional Surrender” statue will be relocated to an area between OLeary’s and Marina Jacks to make way for construction of the US 41-Gulfstream Avenue roundabout.
City leaders considered a total of nine locations for the statue.
The City of Sarasota Twitter account says relocation of the statue will occur by Jan. 15, 2021.
MORE TOP STORIES
- What are the most dangerous Thanksgiving foods for dogs?
- Pedestrian killed while crossing 54th Avenue North in Lealman
- US jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address amid steep rise in Covid cases
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different