SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A chemical has prompted a hazmat response on McIntosh Road in Sarasota.
Firefighters responded to the 6200 block of McIntosh Road and blocked off the area.
Officials said the chemical involved is anhydrous ammonia, and that a hazmat team is working to mitigage the incident.
People are being told to avoid the area.
This is a developing situation. Please check back for updates.
- Corona beer producer stops brewing due to virus
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure