VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – All lanes of I-75 were shut down following a brushfire in the median of I-75 at mile marker 194 just south of Laurel Road.
The Venice Fire Department has temporarily shut down southbound lanes at State Road 681 and Northbound at Jacaranda Boulevard.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office says the fire is approximately three acres in size and has not provided a cause at this time.
As of 10:20 p.m. all lanes on I-75 are back open.
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests in 17 cities as protests continue
- Video: Tampa police end jewelry store looting
- Sheriff joins peaceful protest in Flint, Michigan
- Launch gives spectators pride, reprieve from troubled times
- Target temporarily closes 175 stores amid nationwide protests