SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Eight stores in Sarasota County have been cited for selling vaping products to minors, authorities said.
Florida law prohibits selling vaping products to anyone under 18. The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said undercover detectives visited 29 stores throughout the county and identified eight businesses that were violating the law.
The following locations were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear citation:
- DNA Vaping Lounge Sarasota, 5045 Fruitville Road, Unit 165, Sarasota
- Smoker Friendly/Tobacco Depot #723, 4461 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Fantacy Vape and Smoke Shop, 2868 Ringling Boulevard, Sarasota
- Ignite Vapors, 3251 17th Street, Unit 170, Sarasota
- Cheap Smokes, 1839 South Tamiami Trail, Venice
- Skybudz Smoke Shop Inc., 3135 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Gateway Vape, 6534 Gateway Avenue, Sarasota
- Ryo Tasteful Tobacco, 5761 Beneva Road, Sarasota
The other stores were found to be in compliance.
“Vape pens and e-cigarettes are becoming more popular these days than traditional cigarettes,” said Sheriff Tom Knight. “That is why we are being proactive by trying to make sure instruments that support the use of addictive tobacco, THC and other products isn’t getting into the wrong hands. We will continue our education and enforcement efforts so long as there are children to protect and businesses to hold accountable.”
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Higher humidity and more rain expected
- DeSantis to lift restaurant, bar restrictions but not all establishments on board
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump