SARASOTA, Fla. (SNN) – Small donations are making a big difference in Sarasota. Six-year-old Ella Taylor turned lemonade into love for others.
Taylor hosted a lemonade-stand Sunday morning, donating all proceeds to Meals on Wheels.
The non-profit organization in Sarasota delivers around 500 meals each day and heavily relies on volunteers and donations to make a difference.
Taylor told SNN she just wanted to find a way to help the hungry.
“I wanted to be nice and work for other people, we’re just making them feel better,” she said.
Taylor said she hopes to inspire more people in the Sarasota area to help those less fortunate.
- FL Strawberry Festival gets off to a “berry” cold start
- Family of bullied Australian boy declines crowdfunded trip to Disney, wants funds to support anti-bullying charities
- Governor strips coalition against domestic violence from distributor of state funds
- What’s deadlier? Coronavirus or flu
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen