SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Three people have been hospitalized following a single-boat crash in Sarasota.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials say the agency received a call from the Sarasota Police Department around 4 p.m. Saturday about a single vessel boating accident with injuries near Flamingo Avenue.
The FWC, Sarasota Police Department, Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, and Sarasota County Fire/EMS all responded to the scene.
Officials say a 22-foot vessel with six people aboard was on plane when it hit a channel marker and a seawall. Three of the people received injuries, varying in severity, and were taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
The FWC is investigating the crash and will provide additional information as it becomes available.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Lakeland social worker accused of putting herself, 18-month-old in front of running semi-truck
- Florida courthouses ease some coronavirus restrictions
- ‘Significant amount’ of Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia stolen in Florida, police ID suspect
- 2 Auburndale railroad crossings closed until May 12
- Missing Child Alert issued for 16-year-old girl from Miami