SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota Memorial Hospital has announced a second patient at the hospital has died from coronavirus.
“I am very sorry to share the sad news that a second positive patient has died,” said CEO David Verinder.
Since yesterday, the hospital has been notified that seven more patients and four additional members of the staff have tested positive for the virus. One of the employees is hospitalized and the others are being monitored at home. As a precaution, several staff members have been asked to stay home and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days.
A total of six employees have tested positive since the outbreak started.
Currently, the hospital is caring for 24 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19.
The hospital has tested 498 people overall, resulting in 37 positive cases.
- ‘Hangry’ alligator chases people across Wendy’s parking lot in Florida
- HIV/AIDS vaccine: Why don’t we have one after 37 years, when we have several for COVID-19 after a few months?
- Man repeatedly punches driver in fit of road rage, video shows
- Look up! 5 planets easy to spot in the sky this week
- Democratic Rep. Val Demings to challenge Republican Sen. Marco Rubio in 2022