SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — Two children were playing with a gun at a home in Sarasota when it accidentally went off and shot one of them in the cheek.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said the 11 and 12-year-old boys were at a home on McCloud Circle when the gun went off. The 11-year-old was transported to the hospital after the bullet entered and exited his cheek.
As of Monday, the sheriff’s office said the boy has not been released from the hospital but is doing ‘OK’ and is expected to recover.
The sheriff’s office said detectives are working to determine who the firearm belongs to and is asking anyone with information to contact them at 941-861-4900.
- Florida shatters national record for single-day increase in COVID-19 cases
- Texas sheriff dies from coronavirus
- Florida coronavirus: State tallies record 15,300 new cases of COVID-19
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire
- Search of lake for missing “Glee” star to resume Sunday