SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police have arrested a teenager in connection to the Sunday night shooting.
Police say a 16-year-old turned himself in to law enforcement and is now facing two charges of aggravated battery with a firearm for the shooting near Carver Street and Orange Avenue.
When officers first responded to the scene, they found two victims, a 17-year-old and 21-year-old. Both men were taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital with life-threatening injuries, however, are expected to survive.
Through investigation, detectives learned the 16-year-old and the two victims were involved in an ongoing dispute.
If you know of any other information related to the shooting, please call Detective Adam Morningstar at 941-366-TIPS.
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Saturday afternoon briefing
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.