(CNN) – Ford Motor Company has issued a safety recall in North America because tailgates keep opening unintentionally.
In a statement released Friday, the company said it is recalling select Ford F-250, F-350 and F-450 Super Duty trucks, but only those made in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Ford says the problem is the electric tailgate latch-release switch in the handle.
Water can enter the electrical wiring system there and cause a short circuit that opens the tailgate.
Trucks with mechanical tailgate releases are unaffected.
- Oldest living Marine celebrates her 107th birthday
- Man, 21, charged with DUI manslaughter after deadly crash at US-92 red light
- U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- Kentucky man arrested after girlfriend’s body found in bags aboard Greyhound bus
- Protesters gather outside Mitch McConnell’s home