(CNN) – Ford Motor Company has issued a safety recall in North America because tailgates keep opening unintentionally.
In a statement released Friday, the company said it is recalling select Ford F-250, F-350 and F-450 Super Duty trucks, but only those made in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Ford says the problem is the electric tailgate latch-release switch in the handle.
Water can enter the electrical wiring system there and cause a short circuit that opens the tailgate.
Trucks with mechanical tailgate releases are unaffected.
- ‘We just need some leads’ Family pleads for help on 11th day of elderly woman’s disappearance
- Man immediately arrested after lighting blunt in court
- Jimmy Garoppolo says Tom Brady sent him ‘good luck’ text ahead of Super Bowl LIV
- Goat and police K-9 compete for honorary mayor of Vermont town
- Tampa Bay health officials remind public of importance of vaccinations amid measles case