TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – GlaxoSmithKline has issued a recall for some Benefiber Healthy Shape Prebiotic Fiber Supplement powder and Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement powder due to the possible presence of green plastic pieces or shavings from bottle caps in the product.
There is a potential risk of choking or physical injury to the soft tissues of the mouth or gastrointestinal tract if ingested.
The recalled lots were distributed from late October through January to retail stores and online retailers nationwide.
- Benefiber Healthy Shape Prebiotic Fiber Supplement, 500G UPC 886790018872 Lot: MP8B (EXP Sep2021)
- Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement, 500G UPC 886790218302 Lots: YT2Y (EXP Oct2021) 7D6E (EXP Nov2021)
- Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement, 760G UPC 8886790211907 Lots: UV5C (EXP Oct2021) 648H (EXP Nov2021)
If you have a recalled product, stop using it and please contact GSK to request a refund. You can call 1-800-452-0051 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information on the recall, click here.
- Newsfeed Now: Man hangs off semi; Biden picks running mate
- Twins attending USC reunite with doctor who helped save them 17 years ago
- Alaskan officials identified the killer in 1996 cold case murder of teenage girl; Arkansas suspect commits suicide
- 16 arrested in child sex sting, including Manatee County sergeant
- Rollover crash affecting traffic on Park Boulevard in Pinellas Park