FLORIDA (WFLA) – A dog food product sold nationwide is being recalled due to a potential health risk.
Blue Buffalo Company voluntarily recalled some of its BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Red Meat Dinner Wet Food for Adult Dogs. The company says the product could have elevated levels of beef thyroid hormones.
Ingesting high levels of beef thyroid hormones could cause weight loss, increase heart rate, restlessness and increased thirst and urination in dogs. Long-term effects include vomiting, diarrhea and rapid or difficult breathing.
The FDA says it has taken one report of a dog showing symptoms. That dog has now fully recovered.
The affected products have the UPC code 840243101153 and a best by date of June 7, 2019. If you have the product at home, the FDA says to stop feeding it to your pet, and contact your veterinarian.
For more information on the recall, visit the Blue Buffalo website.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Daughter of missing Manatee County woman arrested
- Firefighters battle flames at Ybor Resort and Spa for second time in a week
- Police: Man killed after seizing Paris airport soldier’s gun
- Hillsborough Co. detectives warn residents after two armed kidnappings
- Endangered black rhino calf born at Pittsburgh zoo