TAMPA, (WFLA) — Popeyes hit a road block in the chicken sandwich war Tuesday when they announced they sold out of their supremely popular chicken sandwiches.
The fast food chain released a video highlighting the success of the sandwich, showing the “sold out” signs on restaurant doors across the country.
In a shocking turn of events, Popeyes said it is temporarily suspending production of the sandwich until further notice.
Did the chicken restaurant really sell out of chicken sandwiches? Or is it a strategy to get people to download their app? The video says if you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to your area, you can download the Popeyes mobile app.
- 4 members of Massachusetts family killed in Orlando crash, driver to be charged
- Reward for missing South Florida newborn increased
- Fatal crash closes I-4 exit ramp in Plant City
- Hillsborough County commissioners vote to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana
- Will Vipers QB Taylor Cornelius start in Saturday’s home opener?