LAKES WALES, Fla. (WFLA) – A member of the Warner University football team has passed away after collapsing after a non-contact football drill.
According to school officials, Theodore “Boobie” Hammonds was immediately attended to following his collapse, but unfortunately later passed away at Lake Wales Medical Center. The cause of his death is not currently known.
A Warner University Care Team has been assembled to provide compassion and support to our students, faculty and staff who need it.
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for suspect in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips
- Ex-officer charged with murder after firing into window, killing Texas woman