LAKES WALES, Fla. (WFLA) – A member of the Warner University football team has passed away after collapsing after a non-contact football drill.
According to school officials, Theodore “Boobie” Hammonds was immediately attended to following his collapse, but unfortunately later passed away at Lake Wales Medical Center. The cause of his death is not currently known.
A Warner University Care Team has been assembled to provide compassion and support to our students, faculty and staff who need it.
- Tropical Storm Peter forms in Atlantic as 17th named storm of 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Unsettled pattern continues with scattered storms expected Sunday and Monday in Tampa Bay
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic