LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A 16-year-old girl died and two other teens were injured in a Saturday evening crash in Lakeland, police said.
First responders from multiple agencies were called to Kathleen Road and West 2nd Street after a crash involving a truck with three teens inside.
Police are still investigating the crash, but said the driver had lost control of the vehicle, which hit a curb and a utility pole and overturned.
Police said the driver, 16, and a front-seat passenger, 15, were both wearing seatbelts and sustained minor injuries. They were treated at Lakeland Regional Health.
A 16-year-old girl in the backseat was not wearing a seatbelt and sustained serious injuries. She was taken to Lakeland Regional Health and died the next morning.
The roadway was closed for about three hours.
Those with information regarding the crash are being asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Tyler Anderson at 863-834-2553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lightning host drive-thru pep rally to get fans ready for Stanley Cup Finals
- Infant survives crash that kills 25-year-old Polk County woman
- Stanley Cup: Lightning, Stars take the ice at 7:30 on News Channel 8
- Suspect in custody following fatal shooting at St. Pete gentlemen’s club
- 1 dead, 1 hospitalized in shooting at St. Pete grocery store parking lot