A man who has been the subject of an intense search since the murder of three people Friday night has turned himself in to authorities.
Haines City police say Ernst Cherizard, 38, turned himself in on Sunday afternoon.
He is now charged with the murder of Eli Junia Normil, 23, and Nicole Guillume, 48.
He is also accused of killing 6-year-old Elizabelle Frenel who died of multiple gunshots after being taken to an Orlando Hospital.
Maria Lubin knows Cherizard and the people he is now charged with murdering and she is devastated by what happened.
" I know them from when they come from the car and go to the house. I always talk to the little girl," Lubin said. "We can not sleep, we all thinking about it because this is people we know."
Vonquesha Glenn lives in the complex where the murders happened and came home Friday to see law enforcement.
"When I got home it was police, helicopters, sheriff's, everything, everywhere. I went over there and I seen the lady laying on the ground and then they brought the little girl out and they was saying, she alive, she alive and then we were all, thank you Jesus because she lived and then to learn she did die was really hurting you know," said Glenn.
Haines City police say detectives spoke with Cherizard Sunday, but they have not released any information about his motives or his actions after the shootings.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Tampa woman meets North Carolina man who saved her life
- Cessna jet crashes in ocean east of Fort Lauderdale
- St. Petersburg husband charged in pregnant wife's death
- First guests to Disney's Star Wars land face time limit